CLOSED LOOP ASSURANCE FOR OFFERS AND SERVICES
- Virtual services do wonders for cost, flexibility and mobility, but they dramatically increase complexity when it comes to deployment, assurance, operational continuity and SLAs.
- SLAs for offers and services have previously been enabled by robust, dedicated hardware, interdependent levels of static ‘Golden configurations’, scripted workflows and siloed monitoring/management operations.
- With virtual service offerings, this approach is no longer practical. The mobility, elasticity, flexibility and efficiencies that make them inexpensive also make them hard to assure. The number of elements is radically higher and assurance for virtual components must be continuously managed to follow the frequent migration of the elements. The context of ‘offer’ and ‘customer’ is easily lost, as is the understanding of ‘healthy’ or ‘degraded’ for the offer or application service as a whole.
- StratOS changes the game for offers and services by statefully managing the operations of all virtual, physical and software components involved in the lifecycle. StratOS has full understanding of the elements, including their health, can manage their full operational lifecycle, and never loses the broader context of ‘offer’ and ‘customer.’ StratOS assures the full, end-to-end operational SLA for the service.
- Closed Loop Assurance demands five key things: A target SLA, a continuous understanding of the offer and customer as a whole, continuous telemetry from the elements and surveillance platforms, the ability to execute self-healing at any level of the offer to preserve the SLA, and the ability to do all of this without manual intervention. StratOS delivers on all fronts.
DESIGNABLE, PORTABLE OPERATIONS
- The StratOS platform is model-based and operations are fully designable by our customers. You define and control the actions of elements, services and offers and how you want them assured. Your operation runs your way.
- Because StratOS incorporates powerful abstraction layers, your operational designs are portable across suppliers, technologies and clouds. Mix and match resources, orchestrators, VNFs, controllers, stacks and clouds to suit your needs while unifying assurance, healing, and policy-based operation.
- StratOS models are atomic, modular and highly reusable. Design the operation of a component once and reuse it thousands of times with predictable, mass-customizable results.
FULL LIFECYCLE OPERATIONS FOR SIGNIFICANT OPEX SAVINGS
- Handling faults is important, but StratOS goes much further. StratOS enables the automation of the full lifecycle of infrastructure resources, elements, functions, and service chains based on the operational and business SLAs of applications and offers. Full lifecycle means placement, deployment, assurance, self-healing, migration, upgrade, optimization, compliance and more all in service of a specified outcome or assurance target.
- Consider “Upgrade” as an example. When the time comes to upgrade the firmware on the blades that support your critical services, how will that work? Who does that? What will it cost, how long will it take and what will the impact to customers be? What about upgrading the stack, VNF, database, etc.? With StratOS, you can design the autonomous operation of the whole evolution, including migration and preservation of the offer as the work is performed.
- Customers who implement StratOS routinely see 30-80% OPEX improvements for services operated by StratOS – and it’s no gamble: savings are easily calculated before implementation so you know exactly what to expect.
MAKE ANALYTICS ACTIONABLE
- Just as StratOS takes in telemetry to make decisions about health, remediation and assurance, StratOS can take in telemetry to make real time decisions about optimization.
- Connect StratOS to information from your analytics platform, APM system, BD, cost database or any relevant system and you can establish closed-loop optimizations to go along with your closed-loop assurance.
WORKS WITH WHAT YOU HAVE
- StratOS represents a new category in IT. Whether you call it a Real Time OSS, an Expert Operating System or a Top-Down Automation Controller, StratOS adds functionality to the platforms you already have without requiring you to throw out or dumb-down the controllers and systems you’ve deployed before.
- The powerful abstraction layers that enable portability with StratOS also enable you to undertake intelligent step-wise improvements. Choose the improvements that mean the most to your business and work from there.
- StratOS is extensible and enables you to embrace, control and take information from a wide variety of domains. Network, Compute and Storage are only the basics. Add Assurance, APM, Application, even IoT domains as you see fit.
Who We Are
StratOS was created by Sea Street Technologies, a Boston, MA company with deep skills across abstraction, modeling, networking and IT operations. Our unique pool of experiences and our incredibly versatile engineering team have made it possible for us to not only re-imagine automation and orchestration, but to make our vision real.