Sea Street has an open position for a Senior Software Engineer working on innovative cloud systems design and engineering projects. The successful candidate should possess solid Java development skills, software design experience, and a desire to explore and learn new technologies into our fast-paced, collaborative development organization. Knowledge of virtualization, network architecture or cloud computing (OpenStack, AWS, vSphere, Google, Azure) is strongly desired.
This position offers numerous opportunities for growth and development in the emerging field of cloud computing orchestration. You will be participating in all aspects of the software development life-cycle (design, implementation, test), as well as researching 3rd party application components while assessing their feasibility as integration targets.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyze and decompose feature requirements into clear design / development / test work items
- Implementation of core features to realize product capabilities
- Development of rigorous unit tests to verify behaviors and provide foundation for regression tests
- Create and update wiki pages to ensure helpful knowledge base entries and accurate records of internal processes, including design specifications
Senior Software Engineer Requirements:
- Familiarity with software development life-cycles
- Experience as a technical leader, including aspects of coaching, decomposing large tasks, etc
- 3-5 years OO software development
- Solid development (design/implement/test/diagnose) experience with Java
- Experience developing reusable software components for other developers
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
- Efficient / Effective communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience with integrated development tools such as Eclipse or equivalent
- Knowledge of virtualization, network architecture, OpenStack or EC2 is strongly desired.
Senior Software Engineer Preferred Skills:
- Experience with network architecture, design, and virtualization (SDN)
- Familiarity with virtualization such as VMware, Xen, KVM, OpenStack, IT.CloudStack or equivalent
- VMware VSphere or OpenStack API experience
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Unit test development or debugging, using JUnit or TestNG
- Wiki experience helpful (for internal documentation)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also posted on LinkedIn.