- Posted by Brian Kahn
- On October 11, 2018
Sea Street Technologies is looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our team and focus on building cutting edge “autonomous operations” solutions for the largest service providers across the world! Everyone is moving to cloud systems (public and private) but not everyone is realizing the savings due to the lack of intelligent automation. Be part of the team creating the next generation of expert cloud automation; Autonomous Operations. Learn to use the latest cutting edge cloud technologies while changing the way software and infrastructure is deployed and operated everywhere!
A successful candidate will bring solid Networking and OpenStack skills and a desire to explore and learn new technologies in our fast- paced, collaborative organization. Knowledge of Orchestration and Cloud systems like OpenStack, CloudStack, VMware tools, Azure, Amazon, Softlayer; Automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Nagios, ELK, NFV and SDN tools and products are strongly desired. You will be joining a team of expert virtualized networking and cloud automation engineers and participating in all aspects of delivering customer solutions (research, architecture, design, implementation, test), as well as utilizing and experimenting with the latest 3rd party application components while assessing their feasibility as integration targets.
It is imperative that you possess excellent customer communications skills and be able to travel on a regular basis, but only approximately 25-33% of the time. The majority of your time can be spent in our Wakefield office and from home with remote access to our labs.
- BS/MS/PhD Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or similar
- 3-10 years of professional experience, including systems engineering, network engineering, DevOps experience, Linux Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
- Knowledge of virtualization, orchestration, automation, networking, SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Amazon EC2 and similar technologies is strongly desired.
- Ability to help establish and nurture long term relationships with technical customer engineers
Nice to have:
- Systems Engineering experience with many of the following:
- Software Define Networking (SDN) OpenDaylight, NFV and/or VNFs
- VMware vSphere, vCAC, vRealize API experience
- Xen, KVM, OpenStack Nova/Neutron/Glance/Ceilometer, CloudStack or equivalents
- Network architecture and design
- Amazon, Softlayer, Azure, Rackspace
- Cable Television or Telecommunications experience
- Development experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Experience with JUnit or TestNG
- Learn and become expert in the Sea Street StratOS platform
- Work with customers, Sea Street Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to scope, design and deliver advanced customer projects based on the Sea Streets StratOS platform, understand emerging technology: features, tools, settings, and technical details, as well as contributing to solutions, knowledge base, training, documentation, and other activities on a regular basis
- Continuously learn and independently pursue latest technologies from Sea Street and external sources.
- Work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with others as required.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate solutions, verbal and written, to customers and internally to others at Sea Street.