- Posted by Brian Kahn
- On October 11, 2018
Sea Street is looking for talented and hands-on software solution architects to join our team and focus on building cutting edge “autonomous operations” solutions for the largest service providers across the world!
Sea Street has designed and built the next generation in Expert Cloud Automation that is revolutionizing the way Enterprise and Service Provider companies deploy and operate their infrastructure, applications and services. Integrated with the latest cloud technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, SDN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), the Sea Street StratOS system completely changes the way IT systems are operated saving companies millions each year, reducing MTTR, and dramatically increasing the velocity of new service creation.
Sea Street Technologies was founded in 2012 with the goal of developing a next generation model-based operating system for cloud. The company was founded by Harley Stowell, former Cisco CTO for Service Provider Cloud. Sea Street has created a platform for Autonomous Operations, known as StratOS, that manages both applications and infrastructure based on business goals to optimize SLAs, Priorities, Costs, Criticality, etc. and that continuously creates, updates and programs system architectures to meet the needs of the applications and the policies.
Sea Street StratOS models are goal-seeking state machines that work through existing domain controllers to autonomously effect fulfillment, closed-loop assurance, service-level healing, closed-loop optimization and autonomous maintenance and upgrade. StratOS models incorporate both telemetry data from any source and business policies to implement these autonomous operations. While StratOS makes use of other two-dimensional models such as YANG and HEAT, its models are three dimensional and more akin to the goal-seeking logic found in an autopilot or in autonomous driving software. This improved approach allows StratOS to address the continuous lifecycle needs of services rather than just the fulfillment event, and to dramatically reduce the OPEX associated with assurance, healing, maintenance and optimization work.
No other solutions provide a complete top down approach. For example they do not adjudicate between competing applications that have different intentions. They are also unable to manage non networking components of a service that are not intent based (such as storage and compute). Other solutions inferred intent rather than know it. Sea Street starts by modeling the business goals and works down, therefore StratOS always knows what the intent is and doesn’t have to guess.
Everyone is moving to cloud systems (public and private) but not everyone is realizing the savings due to the lack of intelligent automation. Join Sea Street and be part of creating the next generation of expert cloud automation; Autonomous Operations. Learn to use the latest cutting edge cloud technologies while changing the way software and infrastructure is deploy and operated everywhere!
A successful candidate will bring solid Java object oriented development skills and a desire to explore and learn new technologies in our fast- paced, collaborative development organization. Knowledge of UML, SYSML, and other modeling and design technologies; virtualization, orchestration, NFV and SDN tools and products; and cloud APIs like Amazon, Azure, SoftLayer are strongly desired. You will be joining a team of expert virtualized networking and cloud automation engineers and participating in all aspects of the SDLC (design, implementation, test), as well as utilizing and experimenting with the latest 3rd party application components while assessing their feasibility as integration targets.
You don’t need to have lots of experience in a Solution Architect role, but must be ready to make this step in your career, must have excellent customer communications skills and must be able to travel on a regular basis, approximately 25-33%.
- BS/MS/PhD Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or similar
- 7-10 years of professional experience, including product development, solutions architecture, design, and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
- Solid development (design/implement/test/diagnose) experience with Java
- Experience developing generalized reusable software components
- Knowledge of virtualization, orchestration, automation, networking, SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Amazon EC2 and similar technologies is strongly desired.
- Ability to establish and nurture long term relationships with senior level customer engineers
Nice to have:
- Cable Television or Telcommunications experience
- Recent detailed hands on software development experience
- Development experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Solutions design and development experience with many of the following:
- Software Define Networking (SDN) OpenDaylight, NFV and/or VNFs
- VMware vSphere, vCAC, vRealize API experience
- Xen, KVM, OpenStack Nova/Neutron/Glance/Ceilometer, CloudStack or equivalents
- Network architecture and design
- Amazon, Softlayer, Azure, Rackspace
- Test development and debugging, using JUnit or TestNG
- Technical leader through complete project lifecycles, from early assessment through architecture, design and analysis of use cases, to the implementation and optimization of cloud solutions based on Sea Street technologies.
- Learn and become expert in the Sea Street StratOS platform
- Learn and become expert in the Sea Street StratOS M7 methodology to development StratOS application, sevice, and policy models.
- Learn and become proficient with the Sea Street StratOS RD SDK to develop StratOS Resource Drivers to integrate new resource managers including hypervisors, storage virtualization controller, SDN and NVF controllers and services, service assurance tools, element managers, scripting tools, and other orchestration tools and utilities.
- Work with customers, Sea Street Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to scope, design and deliver advanced customer projects based on the Sea Street’s StratOS platform, understand emerging technology: features, tools, settings, and technical details, as well as contributing to methodology, knowledge-base, training, documentation, and other activities on a regular basis
- Continuously learn and independently pursue latest technologies from Sea Street and external sources.
- Work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with others as required.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate architectures, designs, status reports, verbal and written, to customers and internally to others at Sea Street.
- Help us grow our team of StratOS solutions engineers and become a technical leader, leading small teams and training other engineers.