- Posted by Brian Kahn
- On October 11, 2018
Sea Street is a stealth company building the next generation in Expert Cloud Automation that is revolutionizing the way Enterprise and Service Provider companies deploy and operate their infrastructure, applications and services. Integrated with the latest cloud technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, SDN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), the Sea Street StratOS system completely changes the way IT systems are operated saving companies millions each year, reducing MTTR, and dramatically increasing the velocity of new service creation.
Sea Street Technologies was founded in 2012 with the goal of developing a next generation model-based operating system for cloud. The company was founded by Harley Stowell, former Cisco CTO for Service Provider Cloud. Sea Street has created a platform for Autonomous Operations, known as StratOS, that manages both applications and infrastructure based on business goals to optimize SLAs, Priorities, Costs, Criticality, etc. and that continuously creates, updates and programs system architectures to meet the needs of the applications and the policies.
Sea Street StratOS models are goal-seeking state machines that work through existing domain controllers to autonomously effect fulfillment, closed-loop assurance, service-level healing, closed-loop optimization and autonomous maintenance and upgrade. StratOS models incorporate both telemetry data from any source and business policies to implement these autonomous operations. While StratOS makes use of other two-dimensional models such as YANG and HEAT, its models are three dimensional and more akin to the goal-seeking logic found in an autopilot or in autonomous driving software. This improved approach allows StratOS to address the continuous lifecycle needs of services rather than just the fulfillment event, and to dramatically reduce the OPEX associated with assurance, healing, maintenance and optimization work.
Sea Street believes that existing intent-based solutions do not provide a complete top down approach. For example they do not adjudicate between competing applications that have different intentions. They are also unable to manage non networking components of a service that are not intent based (such as storage and compute). Other solutions inferred intent rather than know it. Sea Street starts by modeling the business goals and works down, therefore StratOS always knows what the intent is and doesn’t have to guess.
Everyone is moving to cloud systems (public and private) but not everyone is realizing the savings due to the lack of intelligent automation. Join Sea Street and be part of creating the next generation of expert cloud automation; Autonomous Operations. Learn to use the latest cutting edge cloud technologies while changing the way software and infrastructure is deploy and operated everywhere!
A successful candidate will bring solid Java object oriented development skills and a desire to explore and learn new technologies in our fast- paced, collaborative development organization. Knowledge of UML, SYSML, and other modeling and design technologies; virtualization, orchestration, NFV and SDN tools and products; and cloud APIs like Amazon, Azure, SoftLayer are strongly desired. You will be joining a team of expert virtualized networking and cloud automation engineers and participating in all aspects of the SDLC (design, implementation, test), as well as utilizing and experimenting with the latest 3rd party application components while assessing their feasibility as integration targets.
- Located in MA/NH area (partial telecommuting okay, but not >50%)
- BS/MS Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or similar
- Minimum of 3 year of professional experience(can be co-op, internship, or full time job experience)
- Familiarity with SDLC and tools
- Solid development (design/implement/test/diagnose) experience with Java
- Experience developing reusable software components for other developers
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies
- Efficient / Effective communication skills (verbal, written, WebEx/Skype)
- Knowledge of virtualization, network architecture, SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Amazon EC2 and similar technologies is strongly desired
- S. Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Nice to have:
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Experience with OpenStack, CloudStack, OpenDaylight, SDN Controllers, NFVs, Containers
- Experience with network architecture, design, and virtualization (NFV and/or SDN)
- VMware vSphere, vCAC, vRealize API experience
- Familiarity with virtualization such as VMware, Xen, KVM, OpenStack Nova/Neutron/Glance/Ceilometer, CloudStack or equivalents
- Unit test development or debugging, using JUnit or TestNG
- Development experience with Eclipse IDE
- Work with customers and product managers to scope and design new solutions based on the Sea Street StratOS platform
- Collaborate with other Engineering Teams to deliver world class products and solutions
- Utilize Sea Street StratOS M7 methodology to development StratOS application, service, and policy models
- Utilize Sea Street StratOS RD SDK to develop StratOS Resource Drivers to integrate new resource managers including hypervisors, storage virtualization controller, SDN and NVF controllers and services, service assurance tools, element managers, scripting tools, and other orchestration tools and utilities
- Develop/enhance existing StratOS Core Objective models and software components
- Create and update wiki pages to ensure helpful knowledge-base entries and accurate records of internal processes, including design specifications
- Development of rigorous unit tests to verify behaviors and provide foundation for regression tests